Shimano Stradic SW - 5000XG
Estimated Delivery:1 - 3 days
The new Stradic SW range takes the Stradic family of reels to the next level. Purpose-built for offshore, saltwater fishing, the Stradic SW features some of our top reel technologies found in our top end reels.
Drawing upon the Stella SWC, both Infinity Drive and Silent Drive are included which provides improved pinion gear support and less wobble inside the reel translating to more powerful, and smoother, cranking. Improving upon the Stradic FL series, the SW series incorporates all the same water resistance technologies, but also includes X-Shield, an internal structure that helps keep water out and protects the internal gears.
- HAGANE GEAR - The HAGANE Drive Gear is produced by Shimano’s coldforging technology, without the need for additional machining. This delivers a longlasting smoothness, strength, lightness and power at the very heart of the reel. Traditional diecast, machined gears are less durable under heavy loads.
- XSHIP - XShip is a combination of features that work together to create much greater efficiency. By positioning the pinion gear close to the centre line of the large diameter drive gear, more power is transferred from the handle to the rotor. The pinion gear is also supported by two Shimano ARB roller bearings. This creates more stability.
- HAGANE BODY - The HAGANE Body is produced from highrigidity aluminium or magnesium. This creates stiffness and impact resistance, while at the same time eliminating flexing of the body. The result is a rocksolid housing and support for the moving internal gearing and greater efficiency throughout the reel.
- INFINITY DRIVE - Developed to provide more powerful and light winding through bearings supporting the pinion gear. By doing so the rotational resistance of the reel has been decreased up to 60%.
- XPROTECT - The contact type triple lip structure is introduced to the roller clutch, the pivotal point concerning water resistance. In this structure, the first lip prevents water from entering through the space between the rotor and the body. In addition, the special grease between the second and third lip where it makes contact with the rotor collar located at the upper part of the roller clutch not only resists water from entering but also minimizes friction resistance. Without jeopardizing the ‘silky smooth rotation capacity’, the vital feature of STELLA SW, exceptional water resistance, has been achieved to withstand the crashing and splashing of waves and spray.
- CROSS CARBON DRAG - This carbon drag material provides a wider range of drag settings, along with the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever.
- ARC SPOOL - Shimano ARC Spool is a patented spool design with an angled spool lip. This design enables the line to leave the spool with less friction and in smaller coils resulting in longer more accurate casts. ARC spools are proven to reduce backlash and wind knots when using braid.
- RIGID SUPPORT DRAG - Rigid Support Drag eliminates spool movement and wobble, even at light drag settings. The result is an incredibly smooth drag even at extremely light settings.
- ONE PIECE BAIL - The onepiece bail wire has no gap for line to snag on during normal operation. Made of Stainless Steel, it reduces friction and allows the line to get onto the line roller quicker.
- S ARB - Shimano S ARB bearings are high corrosion resistant ARB ball bearings with an extra shield for improved protection against sand, salt or dust.
- XSHIELD - By providing dependable sealing structures and gaskets at necessary points, including the reel body and lid joint and the contact point of the spool and drag knob, possible water ingress is blocked. This double protection provides high reliability and durability to the STELLA SW when used in extreme saltwater conditions.
|Size||Line Capacity||Weight||Retrieve Per Crank||Bearing||Max Drag||Gear Ratio||Price & Quantity|
|6||2-350, 3-240, 4-170||430g||105cm||6+1||12kg||6:2:1||
|6||2-440, 3-300, 4-210||440g||112cm||5+2||12kg||6:2:1||
|6||PE 6 300m||700g||134cm||6+1||15kg||6.5:1||
Shipping cost is based on weight. Just add products to your cart and use the Shipping Calculator to see the shipping price.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.
Shimano Stradic SW