Shimano Metanium MGL - 150B
Estimated Delivery:1 - 3 days
Completely redesigned by Shimano engineers to be the most advanced Metanium ever produced. The 2020 Metanium features a never before seen Magnesium CoreSolid Body, providing professional and enthusiast anglers with the solid advantage of durability, rigidity and sensitivity while reducing weight.
The new CI4+ Star Drag reduces weight even further. Featuring an MGL III spool, reducing spool inertia 17% over the previous generation while still utilizing SVS Infinity Braking for the ultimate in adjustability and distance for all ranges of lures.
The Metanium now comes with a brass MicroModule main gear for enhanced durability and long-term smoothness. Silent Tune reduces spool bearing vibration to maximize casting distance and improve cast feel.
- MICROMODULE II: Improved Micro Module gearing, making the reeling extreme smooth.
- XSHIP: XShip is a combination of features that work together to create much greater efficiency. By positioning the pinion gear close to the centre line of the large diameter drive gear, more power is transferred from the handle to the rotor. The pinion gear is also supported by two Shimano ARB roller bearings. This creates more stability.
- HAGANE BODY: The HAGANE Body is produced from highrigidity aluminium or magnesium. This creates stiffness and impact resistance, while at the same time eliminating flexing of the body. The result is a rocksolid housing and support for the moving internal gearing and greater efficiency throughout the reel.
- CI4: CI4 is an exclusive material created by the interfusion of carbon and polyamide. It is almost as strong as metal with the lightness of a composite. CI4 is used for the body and rotor on many Shimano reels.
- S3D SPOOL: Shimano's S3D technology leads to significantly reduced spool vibration. By designing a balanced and uninform thin wall aluminium constructed spool, S3D creates an incredibily smooth feeling when casting and retrieving lures.
- SILENT LINE: Silent Line is a mechanism that reduces the vibration of the bearings during high speed cranking, which in turn, makes cranking quieter and smoother.
- SVS INFINITY: Shimano's newest innovation in brake system technology, SVS Infinity provides easytomanage, consistent spool control and brake force. With brake weights that use inner friction against the raceway during the cast, SVS Infinity controls spool speed for precision casting especially when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides for quick, precise adjustments for either the conditions or when you switch baits.
- S ARB: Shimano S ARB bearings are high corrosion resistant ARB ball bearings with an extra shield for improved protection against sand, salt or dust.
- SUPER FREE SPOOL: The Super Free bearing supported pinion gear system (SF) was designed to eliminate friction on the spool shaft during the cast. In standard baitcasting reels, when the clutch bar is pressed down, the pinion gear is freed and can actually drag on the spool shaft, creating friction and limiting the length of the cast. With SF, the pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing, and when the clutch is disengaged the pinion gear and spool shaft are kept in precise alignment. The result is zero friction on the spool shaft for increased freespool.
Per Crank (cm)
|Retrieve Per Crank
|Price & Quantity
Shipping cost is based on weight. Just add products to your cart and use the Shipping Calculator to see the shipping price.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. Items can be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery.